Monday, March 12, 2012


Well, I went for too long without painting or posting anything here. That long without any art is bad for my sanity!
I decided that I wanted to paint something fun and quick, and I'd had so much fun painting that bright sunset that I decided to just do another variation of it! Sunsets are great because they change quickly so you can take lots of pictures that look pretty different. Plus they're basically just an abstraction anyway, so its a great opportunity to just get the page really wet and slap on lots of brightly colored paint and let it all run together and see what happens. I normally paint on dry paper and don't take much advantage of the bleeding effects of watercolor, so this was a good little break from being meticulous all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment